TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
- We respectfully request that fees are payable before or on the day of your appointment and regret that treatment can only be given to patients with up to date accounts.
- As clinical time has been reserved exclusively for you we do require a deposit for your first appointment with us. If you need to change the appointment we require at least two working days’ notice (for more complex cases there may be longer notice required please see full terms and conditions of your treatment plan). A deposit cannot be refunded without the required notice unless we have been able to re-book the appointment with another patient.
- Persistent failure to attend an appointment may result in being charged at an administration fee of £20.00 per 15 minutes of an appointment.
Please note that the practice is unable to accept a cancellation via the answering machine. In the case of bereavement and illness this will be waived.
- Treatment plans are estimates only and we will endeavour to inform you of change of fees once the treatment plan has started. Additional procedures may be carried out if essential and in the best interest of the patient.
- Estimates are valid for three months from the date of the treatment plan. We are able to offer finance for many treatments – please ask a Patient Coordinator for details.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to attend the dental practice for examinations and treatment as covered by the Dental HealthPlan.
- As a courtesy we provide an appointment reminder and recalls to all patients but we are unable however to accept any responsibility if our mailing or SMS does not work for any reason.
Skin at CDG
The clinician will not accept liability for any patient who does not follow the pre and post treatment advice. In the interests of your safety they may refuse to treat you. The fail to attend fee will be applied in such cases.
Patients are required to visit the dentist at the interval prescribed by their dentist in order to maintain their oral health. If they decide not to attend as prescribed by their dentist, they may require a more extensive examination at their next appointment.
Hygiene appointments must be prescribed by the Dentist in accordance with General Dental Council regulations. We are unable to book a Hygienist appointment for you without attending your scheduled examination with your Dentist.
- Referral to any other clinician than your own, may incur a consultation fee and this is dependent upon the nature of the referral.
- Deposits are due before the appointment day.
- If a third party is paying for your fees they will be required to sign an agreement before your treatment commences.
- For patients claiming their treatment costs through Special Payments at Social Security, any initial examination fee will be charged at the current rate in order for an estimate to be given to Social Security. When the patient has a letter to confirm their entitlement, this must then be provided to the practice and scanned in order to facilitate treatment. Patients who do not provide this will not be treated.
- For young people who are attending without the person responsible for their fees, we respectfully request that the care appointment is paid for before or on the day of the appointment. We are able to take payment with a debit or credit card over the phone for your convenience.
- The discount included in your dental healthplan will not apply to previously reduced promotional fees at the practice, which we may run from time to time.
If you require further clarification on any of these terms and conditions we will be very pleased to assist.