Cosmetic Dental group
News from the practice
Love your smile
Does the thought of having your missing teeth replaced feel like a daunting prospect? At the Cosmetic Dental Group here in Jersey we have over twenty years of experience in placing dental implants. Dental implants are the best alternative to your natural teeth and can be used to replace single or multiple missing teeth, to stabilise wobbly, uncomfortable dentures and are a permanent solution to your missing teeth woes.
Principal dentist Jeremy Willetts has a special interest in implant dentistry and looks after all of our implant cases. Jeremy’s knowledge and experience in dental implants began in 1989 after training as an oral surgeon. Furthermore he later went on to complete a year long pupillage with the world-renowned implant surgeon and pioneer, Dr. Hilt Tatum.
Implants at The Cosmetic Dental Group
Implant dentistry offers a clinically proven and safe solution to getting back a great smile and being able to bite and chew with confidence.
A dental implant is a screw-like structure made of titanium that is placed into the bone of the jaw. It acts like the root of a tooth to support a crown, bridge or denture. Implant restorations can be matched to complement existing teeth so that no one need ever know it’s there!
- When you lose your natural teeth, your jaw bone and surrounding tissues start to resorb or disappear over time. When implants are placed in the jaw, it stimulates the remaining bone to grow and mesh around the metal, along with tiny blood vessels.
- Implants help restore function so you can eat, chew and bite as usual
- Implants are a natural-looking way to replace missing teeth while improving the cosmetic appearance of your smile
“This testimonial gives me a great opportunity to say that I am immensely grateful for the effort and care that went into my treatment and for the excellent result. I receive lovely compliments about my teeth even from people who didn’t know what they looked like before. Thank you so much.”
Are dental implants suitable for everyone?
Whilst the majority of people would be suitable for dental implants, to be 100% sure there are a few things that Jeremy would need to evaluate first;
- Your medical and previous dental history.
- How you feel about your existing teeth and what you hope to achieve with dental implants.
- An internal and external examination of your teeth, gums and surrounding tissues.
- X-rays to look at the bone levels of your jaws and the underlying health of your remaining teeth.
Following on from these checks, Jeremy will then be able to give you his full professional opinion on whether you would be suitable for dental implants or if he feels that an alternative solution would be better.
How quickly will you have your new implant?
Implant treatment normally has two main steps. Firstly the implant is placed and then allowed to heal for anywhere between 4-6 months. This allows the titanium implant to integrate fully with the bone that it has been placed in. Once this process of ‘osseointegration’ has been successfully achieved the implant can then be restored with a crown, bridge or a denture.
We find that the average time from initial assessment to fitting the final implant is around about six months.
Do you need to have sedation for dental implant treatment?
Sedation is an option for our patients who have implant surgery and we find that the majority of our patients choose to have their implants placed whilst they have ‘twilight sedation’ which sends then into a state of deep relaxation.
Are dental implants difficult to look after?
Caring for your dental implants is very much like caring for your own teeth. Our Dental Hygienists have vast experience and training in implant care and as part of your dental implant treatment you will automatically see one of them for implant care advice, oral hygiene instruction and post-operative care.
How expensive are dental implants?
We can never put an exact cost on dental implants as each person is different with different needs and desired outcomes.
What we can absolutely say though is;
- Dental implants are an investment in the overall health and longevity of your smile
- With dental implants you are investing in a confident smile
- Having your dental implant treatment carried out by us here at The Cosmetic Dental Group means you are investing in a wealth of experience in dental implant surgery, coupled with a high rate of treatment success plus advanced post- operative care.
Just to let you know that I did not have one moment of discomfort during or since my procedure with you.
I can hardly believe how easy it has all been
Very Many Thanks
There are many other benefits to having your smile restored here at The Cosmetic Dental Group in Jersey such as;
- A warm and welcoming environment
- Over 20 years of experience in placing dental implants
- A dedicated and full time Dental Hygiene Department
- A team that are committed to their ongoing professional development
- All of our Dentists are full members of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- A range of payment options
You will also be pleased to know that for anyone considering dental implants we offer complimentary non-clinical consultations* where you can find out more about dental implant treatment face to face with one of our dentists.
“If I were to sum up the practice in 3 words I would say patient focused, outstanding in its’ field and a practice which just gets it right. Ok, that’s more than 3 words but I needed to say it all